Something to ponder on as you wander on


Some liars are born that way, some are self-made; but the really great ones are elected to Congress…
--------------------------------------------------------------


Thursday, November 8, 2007

SIGMARR AND THE SHIELD OF NJORDIST

SIGMARR AND THE SHIELD OF NJORDIST ……….
(EPISODE 1)
The aged King Tragihma sat apon his throne in his great hall,,
staring out into nothingness,, wondering about the fate of his
kingdom,, now that sickness and age were coming apon him
faster than before…He wanted it found and delivered back to him,,
before his voyage across the river of woes…
“How many have returned??”,, he called to his Captain…
“None sire,, none have returned” answered Captain Tisamar…
Captain Tisamar was King Tragihmas mightiest general and leader
of all the northland army… A trusted friend and advisor to
King Tragihma...
“None??”…
“None sire,, they have not returned and we have not found
any traces of them or their horses”…
“Strange”,, King Tragihma,, softly uttered…
“How many did we send out??”…
“20 sire,, 10 each for two moons wane”…
“Shall I send out more sire??” the Captain asked…
“No,, no,, I shall not waste more of my best men on this quest”,,
“Bring me Haclyon,, the elder”,, King Tragihma commanded into
his great hall…

Haclyon, now stood before King Tragihma,, dressed in his
finest robes,, all in black and silver he was,, with a great 6 sided
conical shaped hat upon his head,, embroidered with an image of
the heavens on each of its sides,, Haclyon,, was the kings seer-priest,,
for the moment…He waited for King Tragihma to speak…
“What have you seen in your temple eye?? Priest”,, “what of the
searchers that I have sent out??”…
“I have seen nothing sire”,, “they have not appeared to me”…
“What??”,, was King Tragihma loud response...
“Nothing sire”,, Haclyon,, meekly replied,, as he stepped slowly
back from King Tragihma,, for he wanted to stay the kings
seer-priest,, and did not wish to meet his fate,, as so many other
seers had…
“Should I send more men out on this quest??”,, the king questioned..
“I have seen nothing in the temples’ eye,, for which you seek,,
it shows me nothing sire”,, a half pleading answer did Haclyon
give to King Tragihma…
“I thought as much”,, be gone from my sight”…
“Tisamar,, pick six of your finest men and send them out”…
“Yes sire”,, it shall be none”,, ..ah,, sire??,, Tisamar quietly asked…
“Yes,, what is it”…
“Perhaps,, another approach can be used to find the
Shield of Njordist”…
The king puzzled at what Tisamar had just said…
“I have hear of someone who may be better able to retrieve the
shield”…
“Who??”,, King Tragihma impatiently questioned…
“I have heard the name Sigmarr of Kadermist,, whispered among
the men,, sire”…
“Who is this man??”,, do you know him??,, the king seized apon
the name…
“I have never met the man,, sire,, but I have heard of him”,,
“What of him,, tell me,, quickly”…
“I have heard than he is a tall brutish man,, with the strength
of 5 men,, but I doubt that,, he has seen many battles,, and it is
said that he even fought with you against the Borjiorn in the
valley of Nedimus,, many years ago,, an impatient man then”...
“What was his name again??”…
“Sigmarr,, sire”…
“Sigmarr??”,, yes,, yes I recall now,, yes a big man he was,,
with yellow hair,, yes,, I remember,, I did meet him once,,
he saved the life of general Vanerst,, killed three men with
one blow then,, Yes,, I remember,, I gave him some land as
a reward”… “Where is he now??”,, King Tragihma urgently asked…
“I don’t know sire”,, he may still live in Kadermist”…
“Go now!!,, and take some of your bravest men with you,,
I want him here now!!”,, the king commanded…
“Yes,, sire”,, was the Captains obedient reply…

Sigmarr,, now stood before King Tragihma,, in the kings’ great hall,,
flanked by 6 royal guards,, 2 on each side and 2 behind…
“Why have I been brought here??,, What is the meaning of this??”…
Sigmarrs’ bellow was heard throughout the large hall,, then he
knelt on one knee in front of the king…
“Are you Sigmarr of Kadermist??”,, the king questioned…
“Yes,, I am sire”,, Sigmarr did not move from his stance nor
did he look up…
“Did you fight against the Borjiorn in the valley of Nedimus,,
many years ago??”…
“Yes sire I did,, I fought with you,, you gave me some land for
saving your generals life”…
“Good,, good,, then you are the man I seek,, stand up,,
I will have words with you”…
Sigmarr was very puzzled by this,, he had done nothing wrong
that he knew of…

King Tragihma slowly descended the few steps down from his
throne and to Sigmarr,, one could plainly see now that he was
getting near the end of his days,, and he would soon be taking
his voyage across the river of woes… An old man bent over with
trembling hands now,, not the hands or body that had fought
along with Sigmarr in the valley of Nedimus…He came to Sigmarr
and when he did,, he straightened himself up,, in a kingly way,,
and now stood as tall as Sigmarr was,, both men could look squarely
into each others eyes,, but Sigmarr did not,, he kept his head
and eyes lowered before his king…
“I have brought you here,, for I have a quest than only you
can fulfill”,, the king seizing the moment spoke forcefully with a
strong and certain voice,, not the voice of an old man…
“A quest,, sire??”…
“Yes,, I will have you retrieve the Shield of Njordist for me”…
“Why me sire??,, you have an army of men who could get it for you”…
“My army moves to slow for this,, and there are tells that the
Borjiorn have sent raiding parties across the border near Treyfiel,,
I need them here”… “You will go”…
“If your army can not go then send some men after it,, I can not go”…
“You will go”,, and I have... sent men out for the shield,, many men,,
none have returned”…
“What is this shield to you??,, “I have not heard of it before,,
why should I care??”…
“Do not test me on this,, you will go”…
“The Shield of Njordist,, belonged to my fathers father and was
taken when the Borjiorn raiders enter this castle and stole all that
was within,, while King Berentos was gone fighting the
Borjiorn hordes”…
“It is part of a set of four shields,, that belong to this kingdom,,
I have returned three to their rightful place on the wall there,,
only the Shield of Njordist remains missing and I shall have it
returned to this castle before I travel on the river of woes”…
King Tragihma pointed to the western high wall,, there hung the
shields he spoke of,, with a space between for a fourth…
“I cannot go,, I will not”,, Sigmarr protested…
King Tragihma ascended to his throne once more and sat upon
it in regal splendor…

“You will go”,,, King Tragihma now motioned to his guards at a
black draped door…
The black drapes parted and bound prisoners were brought forth...
“Anita,, Krista!!”,, Sigmarr exclaimed,, then he tried to rush to
their side,, but was stopped and held back by the 6 royal guards,,
Sigmarr still struggled against them,, knocking one to the ground…
King Tragihma motioned again,, and a large naked headsman
wearing only a black hood about his face now came forth,,
standing with his sharpen axe beside Anita and Krista,,
he lowered the blade to Kristas’ neck very slowly and then raised
it to its full height above his head... Ready for the kings’ signal…
“No, no, stop”,, Sigmarr pleaded…
“I will go,, I will go”,, Sigmarr was now resigned to retrieve the
shield of Njordist,, wherever it may be…
“I thought you might”,, was King Tragihma answer…
“I…. do not know where it is”,, but I will get it for you”…
Sigmarr now quieted by the thought of losing his wife and child,,
stood ready to do whatever the king asked of him…
“I know where it is,, it lies within the Starkdall forest,, somewhere
near the beacon stones”…
“The Starkdall forest!,, no one has ever come back from there”…
“It can not be done”…
“You will do it… or your family”…
Sigmarr knew the rest,, and just nodded…
“I can not do it alone,, I will need help,, horses and supplies”,,
“It is a long journey to the Starkdall forest”…
“Take whatever you need,, whatever men and supplies you want,,
Captain Tisamar will help you with selecting the men you need”…
“I also need the help of a friend of mine,, he is like a brother to me,,
I trust him and we have been on many journeys together,,
I will need him for the journey thru the Starkdall forest”…
“Whatever you need,, take….but you only have 2 moons wane to
return the Njordist shield to me”... “So you must hurry”...
“2 moons wane!!??”,, Sigmarr exclaimed…
“That is not enough time,, it will take that long just to reach
the forest”… “it can not be done it that time”…”I need at least
4 moons wane”.. “at least”…Sigmarr pleaded with King Tragihma…
“I can feel the days getting shorter for me now,, the river of woes
is fast approaching,, I feel that I do not have 4 moons wane”…
“I will give you 3,, no more,, you must return in 3 moons wane
with the shield or”…”just 3 moons,, no more”... King Tragihma
commanded…
Sigmarr nodded in agreement… Not enough time he thought,,
not nearly enough time…

END OF EPISODE 1....EXCITING AIN'T IT?
INTERMISSION
COME BACK NEXT WEEK FOR THE NEXT THRILLING EPISODE OF
SIGMARR AND THE SHIELD OF NJORDIST
Find out next week if Julie really is a lesbian,, did AJ try to shoot JR,,
are rappers really space aliens....
.....same BAT TIME,, same BAT STATION.....

2 comments:

Bionic 1 said...

This stuff is far out there.
Where are all the Nordic racist jokes?

Fenris said...

This was pretty good!

Sigmarr is careful to be respectful before the king, but he knows that it's never good news to be summoned by him.

Alas and alack, this is mainly because kings aren't in the habit of taking "no" for an answer. As we see here.

It'll be interesting seeing Sigmarr taking on the quest. And what happens when he comes back.