Something to ponder on as you wander on


Some liars are born that way, some are self-made; but the really great ones are elected to Congress…
--------------------------------------------------------------


Thursday, August 9, 2007

THOR'S ANVIL











…………THORS’ ANVIL ……..
I sat upon my porch in my favorite deck chair,,,
with not a care about me this nite,,,
I had completed my weekend chores,,,
even tho the day had been hot and very humid…
I completed them all,,, and now I rested as the evening sun departed behind the rolling hills unto the west…It had become much cooler now and a gentle Mid-summers breeze did caress me as it traveled
across my porch…
Just an easy watcher was I,,, the northern sky was just beginning to lose its blue daylight color and I could see storm clouds filtering in from the east,,, mixing their darken hue with the early nighttime stars…
A storm was coming from the east,,, and I could faintly hear the crashing of Thors’ hammer upon its’ anvil,,, as it grew nearer to me,,, but his thunderbolts were still among the mountain tops and they gave the clouds a ringing glow each time they did spark…
Upon my porch I just sat and watched,,, as the heavens put on this sound and light show, it did seem to be just for me…
A little closer now and a little louder too, the thunder became
more distinct and the flashes they did come upon the sky and then unto the ground…A mighty rumbling sound could be heard thru the darkened night…

Closer still did it come, a rumbling from the east on high…
And the wind began to get stronger now, as if to match each
of Thor’s mighty hammer blows…Stronger still was this storm
this night,,, for it was coming straight to me,,, and it would appear
that it would have a frightful bite…Now it came upon me and
my home with its awesome might,,, a glowing and a crashing
it did and it did give one such as me such a fright…

Then I did see it,,, amid the lightings’ chorus,,, a whirling mass that
spun with fury and its’ eye,,, its’ eye did seem to be affixed upon my home…
A mighty funnel from the ground to the thundertops was coming…
Its’ mighty roar did seem to be lurching straight towards my front door,,, rippling asunder the mightiest of oak trees that stood before it….No chance had we against this spinning shape that gathered
amidst the thunderclaps and the lighting bolts…
No place to run and no place to hide,,, we all would be cast about
and broken upon that night….

There was nothing we could earthy do against such awesome power..
Except to huddle in some bedroom closet and close our eyes so as not to see the terror that would soon be among us…And that is where I left my family,,, hidden on that closet floor…But I went out into the darken storm that night,,, for I would have none of this terror brought unto my home and family…Onto the front yard I went,,,
as Thor’s hammer kept crashing with mighty blows against its’ anvil….And I screamed and yelled for him to stop this storm and its’ terror he had brought to me this very night,,, screamed and yelled for all my might and I shook my fist at the heavens that night…

And then just for a moment or two the storm grew quite and the winds they did stop their howling,,, and the mass of whirling blackness just paused,,, waiting only upon one spot….
“Who dares to stand before me, as I bring down my thunderbolts and lightning during this night??.. “Who dares to tell me to halt my hammer blows”??….A booming voice from the clouds did knock me to the ground,,, and I was confused by what lay before me now…But I realized that this was perhaps my chance to stop this terror that was upon my very doorstop,,, so I raised up and yelled for all my might…”It is I, Odin that commands you this night, to turn your storm about and begone from my sight”…
An eerie silence then swept over the night…

No thunderclaps, no lightning, no wind at all,,, all was quite upon
that moment….and then it did appear, from the clouds it descended,,, a giant hand did plunk me up and bring me unto the thundertops… And there stood Thor before me now, his mighty hammer lay upon its anvil, all quite and still…
“You are not Odin, my father, I can plainly see you now, you are but
a mere human”,,, his thundering voice did reproach me….
“I am Odin, and I command you to stop this storm that you have brought down apon this earthy house”,,, I yelled with all the bluster that I could find from within… ”I have taken human form this nite, so that I may bed the woman who lives in that house below”…
A puzzled look did cross Thors’ brow, as he pondered upon the words I spoke to him…

Ha, ha, ha, a mighty laugh did he give out,,, so mighty was the wind from his laughter that it did knock me down unto his palm…
Ha, ha, ha, again he did laugh…”You are not my father, I know my father well, and I have seen all the guises and tricks that he plays when he is in human form”...” You are not Odin, I can see it in your eyes”… ”You are not him”….”If you were my father, you could stop
this storm that I have made”.... he bellowed…
“I can not stop this storm this nite, for I am in human form, and my
powers will not halt it while I have this shape”… I forcefully spoke
back to him…”Then change back into your true self, and halt this storm that I have rendered unto this nite”… he spoke laughing at me….

He had called my bluff, and now all below that I loved would be laid
asunder,,, but it was the only play I had upon that darkest nite,,, the only play I had…. Ha, ha, ha,…”Silly human, you have tried to trick me, and now I shall crush you like the bug you are, and send you
crashing back upon the ground”…Then he raised his mighty hammer and unto the anvil it did sound,,, a mighty thunderclap was let out and lightning again flashed unto the ground,,, so mighty it was that I had to cover both my ears from its ringing…”Wait, wait”,,, I shouted out… “Turn your storm away from my home, my family is within”,,,
“I do not care what you do to me, but spare my home and family this nite”…I pleaded and yelled…. Ha, ha, ha,…”Stupid human”,,, “I do care about some puny structure apon that ground or even what lies within”,,, “Why should I spare this house and your family”??...
“Because they are my family and I love them so, and it is within my home that they seek shelter from your storm”,,, “Yes, I tried to trick you, and have you turn your storm away from my home”,,, “But it was the only way I could think of to have you abate this storm this nite” ,,,“It is my home and family, and it was my fathers’ home before that, and his fathers’ before him”,,, “And I do not wish any harm to come unto it or unto my family”…

And then Thor did let his mighty hammer rest upon its anvil once more,,, and he did bring me up nearer so that he might look
upon this puny human before him,,, and to perhaps to look within
my very soul…. Ha, ha, ha,,, he laughed, a laugh of bemusement…
“Ah, silly human”…”I know of families and homes and of love, too”
“You have caused me to rest my storm and to ponder this nite”,,,
“You have made me laugh once again at how silly you humans can be”,,, “I have not laughed at such as thee, in a long time”,,, “ And you have given a good enough fight against me”,,, “ So I shall let you go, and I shall spare your home and your family”,,, “I shall turn my storm about and let it spin into the blacken nite”,,, “Away from your home and from your family”…“But, I may raise my storms again against your home some other nite”,,, “And when I do, be prepared to make me ponder and to laugh once more, or I shall bring down my mighty hammer upon its’ anvil and I will lay waste to all that you love”…

And thus it was that he did return me safely to the ground, and his
storm had gone from my house and my family, turned it had and faded into the blackened nite….And now I say to you, as I sit on my porch once more…When Thors’ storms comes at you, be it day or be it nite,,, Fight against them with all your might,,, for you might just yet, turn that storm away from your door,,, but you will never know,,, unless you try,,, unless you fight the good fight, and shake your fist at Heavens’ door……..

No comments: