Something to ponder on as you wander on


Some liars are born that way, some are self-made; but the really great ones are elected to Congress…
--------------------------------------------------------------


Friday, August 3, 2007

THE SQUARES


…………………..THE SQUARES……………….
Why do I just stand here, when the battle is about to begin???
Why can I not move??? Against my kings’ enemies I will fight…
I know that I am not as mighty as some of the rest,,
but I will fight, I will do my best, and drive straight on…
My seven brothers and I, all formed in a line, we will take this test..
Just give me my orders, and I will march forward, but two or by one
Send me out, to scout ahead,,, or perhaps to block the path of another
Send me forth so I may do battle, until the battle is won…..
I know that I am not as mighty as some of the rest,,
but I aspire, to be much more, a knight I could be, or maybe I could
gain the powers of a mighty queen…
Send me forth, so I might do battle, against my kings’ foes,…

Forward now I go, unto the battlefield ahead, I shall hold my post,,,
the battle rages before me, from every direction they do come…
But I have held my post, while others have fallen beside me,,
three brothers down, and now a fourth,,, the battle goes badly,,
but I stand my ground upon this hour, aha, a knight have I just slain,,
I can move forward again, against my foes, I shall prevail…
The bishops come gliding by me now, missing me by just one step...
And the knights in armor do joust, against their foes…
But where is the queen??.. Her powers be mightier than the rest…
Where is she now??.. She must be watched, or she might slay us all...
I glance back to see my king,, good,, he hides behind his castle walls
and my brothers three…well protected he is, behind such walls…

How does the battle go now??.. I do not know,, many have fallen,,
I step forward now, to block the queens path,, a gambit perhaps
to draw her out,, so that my knights may slay her??
She stands before me now, in all her regal splendor, ready to crush
me with her next blow…but my knight has seen her move and
he slays her before she can escape this trap…the battle goes quickly now, and we shall have victory soon, perhaps within the hour…
The enemy king’s ramparts are smashed and his knights and queen
have been vanquished… I move forward now, aha, a castle wall have I scaled…the day is won,, the enemy king now kneels upon the ground, surrender he does,, we have won this test, I have survived to
fight another battle…
I know that I am not as mighty as some of the rest,, but I did my best
upon the battlefield today,, and tomorrow I may yet again be put to the test….

No comments: