Something to ponder on as you wander on


Some liars are born that way, some are self-made; but the really great ones are elected to Congress…
--------------------------------------------------------------


Sunday, July 22, 2007

THE DUSTY ROAD part1


THE DUSTY ROAD........................
(Whistling Pete)
I give you a story of one journey upon my youth I did take…
I was a lesser man then and I would go here and fro,,
with no particular place to go…
Now it was apon a dusty road than I did meet a fellow traveler
named Pete,, now Pete was a merry old soul and thus we did greet…
”Hello”,, says I,, “Hello” says Pete...
He was going west and I was going east,, and by chance we did
meet apon that dusty road…
Having just met,, we soon did forget the pains in our aching feet,,
“So”,, says Pete,, for he was a jolly old soul,, “what do you know??”
Well we chatted awhile and ate some of my berrycake,,
and then as soon as you would know it was time for us to go…
”Goodbye”,, says I,, “Goodbye”,, says Pete…
To the west he went,, whistling a very fine tune,, to the east I did
continue,, apon that dusty road…
Now this dusty road was really quite narrow,, and not well traveled
at all,, nary a soul did I ever meet,, except for Whistling Pete…
It became quite a while and I had walked many a mile,, so I sat
down apon that dusty road to give myself a rest,, now there was I,,
just sitting by and by,, and having just a little to eat...
When what did I spy??
A very fine kettle,, of some dusty old metal did I…
Now having just passed Pete,, hardly a half day ago,, I thought it
might be his,, so I opened the lid and spied,, but empty it was,,
except for 3 packets of tea inside…
So I gave it a turn and a steady gaze to see what was what and
where it be made… And upon the bottom on this very fine kettle,,
a name did appear,, inscribed into the metal Whistling Pete
it did say,, and upon greater inspection I found that more words
had been written…
So I dusted it off and read it again,, and again,, for I was quite
amazed at what caught my glaze...
For upon the bottom of this very fine kettle were these
words I now speak to you...
This kettle be yours for I leave it behind,, for you were very
kind in sharing your berrycake with me…When you make
yourself some tea,, think of me... Whistling Pete……………

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had I any berrycake I would definitely share with you my friend.

A very fine blogging cabin you have built for yourself here. Quite cozy, I believe I will return.