Something to ponder on as you wander on


Some liars are born that way, some are self-made; but the really great ones are elected to Congress…
--------------------------------------------------------------


Wednesday, July 25, 2007

FORGOTTEN

FORGOTTEN………….............
I try to remember their faces now,, but I can not...
And in my heart the pain lingering still...
Where have they gone??,, I wish to see them now…
When I close my eyes,, I can barely see them…
They were so important to me,, a part of my very life…
Why can I not clearly remember their faces now??…
I remember days gone by,, when we did laugh as one...
And tumble thru forgotten rooms, playing young as kids…
I remember clearly the events of long ago summer days...

Not all were lovers,, as you might be surprised…
Some were friends or family,, and even some where pets upon the lawn…
Where have they gone,, in what forgotten chamber of my mind...
Did I store them??…I wish to recall their faces now…
Some did leave me upon the wind swept shores,,
For they had found another,, that they adored much more…
Some are gone forever,, beyond the golden gates…
My heart remembers,, it still aches,, when I think of them...
Oh,, it is not so terrible an ache as when they left…but ache it does...

When I close my eyes,, I want to see them…
To remember with fondness what has been,, but I can not…
Their faces are obscured now with times’ silken haze…
Oh,, I have photos in the drawers,, upon the walls and in albums somewhere...
But it is not the same,, as when I look behind my eyes…
There they are laughing,, talking,, dancing with me…
Back with me, I would like them to be…
Have I grown so old,, that my mind now chooses to forget??...
Or does the mind choose to protect the fragile heart…
To keep it from aching so…
I wish to remember them now,, not for the pain that they
Gave my heart,, put for the joy they placed within my mind……

No comments: