Something to ponder on as you wander on


Some liars are born that way, some are self-made; but the really great ones are elected to Congress…
--------------------------------------------------------------


Sunday, July 29, 2007

MY VACATION

MY VACATION…………............
(when I was only about 6 or so)
We’re starting our vacation in my dads brand new car,,
we’re going to the airport to catch a plane to Miami,,
and when we get to Miami we’re all going to the beach…
But haven’t gone very far,, cause were behind another
car,, and we’re all part of a slow moving caravan…
I don’t think dads very happy with me or my sis,,
“hey she’s touching me”,, “mom tell her to stop”…
Dads not very happy at all,, cause we had to make
a potty stop,, “didn’t I tell you to go, before we left??”
He said,, well we did,, but we still had to go... So we
had to stop at a gas station for just a minute or two,,
it wasn’t very long,, mom got us some chips and soda too...

“hey dad”,, “why are we moving so slow?”,, ”shut up”,,
“and get back in your seat”,, “can’t you see I’m driving?”...
He yelled back at me,, I don’t think dads happy at all…
Wow,, we’re going real real slow,, behind these semis and
everything,, “hey she’s touching me”,, “mom tell her to stop”…
Then dad swerves to the left just a little bit,, to see what’s up ahead,,
wow,, look at all those trucks and cars up there,, and we’re going
real slow…Dads kinda breathing hard,, and his knuckles are all white,,
I guess he thinks we’re going to miss our flight to Miami…
“look dad,, there’s a sign” airport ahead only 40 miles…
I don’t think dads very happy, stuck in this caravan...

Then dad turns just a little to left again,, “hey watch that truck,,
it almost hit us”,, ”shut up”,,“and get back in your seat”,,
“can’t you see I’m driving?”... Well mom is really quiet,, and
shes moved way to the right... I don’t think moms happy either...
I don’t think dads happy,, cause he’s sweating quite a bit and I think
I see steam coming from his ears,,”hey dad,, why have we stopped?”
Then he turns around and looks at me,, his eyes are bulging right
out of his head…“shut up”,, can’t you see I’m driving?”,, he shouted
at me…“hey mom”,, “she’s touching me”,, “tell her to stop”…
Is the air conditioning on?... Wow it’s getting hot back here…

I don’t think dads very happy,, stuck in this caravan…
Cause when he turned to the left just a little bit, for the third time,,
I think he got a little to close to that oncoming semi,,
cause it took off the mirror on my dads brand new car…
I wonder how long we have been just creeping along,,
seems like days and days,, I don’t think I should have drunk
my soda so fast,, now I gotta go wee-wee again,, I wonder
if I should tell dad,, he looks kinda mad,, cause were in this caravan
and all…Moving very very slowly,, if at all…
“hey dad,, there’s a sign” airport ahead only 35 miles to go…

Well,, we finally made it to Miami,, I’m just sitting here on the beach,,
burying my sister in the sand…We were only two hours late,,
and we missed our flight and then had to wait for 4 hours in the airport,,
to catch another one,, I don’t think dads very happy at all…
I hope the car repair man can put the steering wheel back in the
car when we get home…That’s if dad ever let’s go of it….............

No comments: