Something to ponder on as you wander on


Some liars are born that way, some are self-made; but the really great ones are elected to Congress…
--------------------------------------------------------------


Sunday, July 22, 2007

GUARDIANS















Oh say can you see the rockets red glare??
The bombs bursting in air??
Can you hear the bombers overhead??
Or the bullets whizzing by??
Oh say can you see,, the enemy tanks everywhere??
Do you feel tyranny and repression everyplace you go??
Of course you can’t and neither can I…
Do you see the mushroom clouds a glowing??
Does the enemy sleep upon your bed??
Are you made to labor from dawn to dusk under a boiling sun??
Are you carded and herded and shipped to everywhere??
Of course not and neither am I…
For guardians have we,, that let us sleep peacefully thru the night...
Of many shapes,, genders and colors they are,, both young and old...
They do fight for me…Apon distant lands must they go...
So that evil will not grow upon this freedoms soil….
And so it has been from the birth and so it shall be until
the end of all things…..
















Can you see them now??... Among us they walk…
Can you separate them from you or me??
Of course not and neither can I…
For from freedoms bosom they were made,,
the same as you and I...
Guardians of our freedoms and liberties they are...
Into the valley of the shadow of death they will go for us…
Upon the land,, in the air,, and over the sea,,
and yes even under they be...
Forever guarding,, forever watching,, forever striking against
evils forces...
Of many shapes,, genders and colors they be,, both young and old,,
but I know not a single one…

They know of the terrors in the night,, of the rockets red glare,,
and of the bombs bursting in the air,, of bullets whizzing by
and tanks round the bend…
But they go and stand vigilant every night,, every day and every hour…
From them I am given a peaceful sleep,, and apon tomorrow
I will hear children laughing,, see lovers necking on some
shady bench,, or perhaps watch an older pair walking hand in hand
apon this green and sunny land…
All this and much much more have they given me…
Forever guarding,, forever watching,, they guard my liberties…
No metals do they seek,, no awards,, no monuments do they want…
But we shall give it to them,, and with pompous speeches we
shall dedicate…
But for me,, when they come marching home along everymans
street,, I will give them just a salute and a wave,, a welcoming hand,,
and apon a small sign I shall write…
Thank you,, thank you,, guardians of my nights….................

1 comment:

Fenris said...

Bob,

That was very well said. Thank you.

(I wish I had a talent for writing poetry!)